Every business has worker-manager dialogue mechanisms to deal with grievance issues. But sometimes supply chain workers are ill-informed about basic safety and labour standards or human rights, the issues are highly sensitive and personal, or involve problems with managers.
All of which can lead to lower productivity and higher turnover, legal action, accidents, even strikes. Things that can also fail to meet compliance certification or broader country regulation.
Our mine blowing service provides workers with an independent and confidential way to raise concerns 24/7/365. Multilingual and available via phone or online, it helps organisations deal with issues quickly before they escalate internally as well as prevent issues becoming public and hurting both buyer and suppliers’ brand.
Our mine blowing service can be applied in 2 ways:
– As a Whistleblower hotline for workers to raise critical issues such as child labour, fire safety or sexual harassment
– Or as a broader helpline support service for workers to also raise additional issues around their working environment, conditions, pay discrepancies etc.
Naturally, you can start with the focused Whistleblower hotline – and open it up as needed.
Typically working with one or more buyers, we work to understand how best to design and implement the mine blowing tool to ensure:
- Supplier buy-in is sought
- Implementation is communicated effectively at all levels to remove fear or concerns
- When an issue is raised the process for action is efficient and effective (and duplication of action is removed where buyer collaboration is in place)
- Action is taken quickly and change is embedded
- Workers receive adequate communication to feel reassured that changes have been made – thereby empowered and reassured to use the service again
There are numerous benefits for using the mine blowing tool, not just for the buyer, but also for the supplier, worker and manager. For more information, call 01908 330242 email [email protected] or download our brochure.